Rampton & Woodbeck Parish Council consists of residents of both villages who are 7 voluntary Councillors serving a four year term ending in 2019 and 3 part-time members of staff.
Council Meetings are usually held on the second Monday of every month alternating between Rampton Village Hall & Woodbeck Community Centre. See the diary of meetings for more information.
Origins - Our Council was founded in December 1894 by the Local Govt Act. The Act split the non-religious elements of the former 'Vestry Meetings' into those of Parish Council's and Parochial Church Councils. At our formation, the first Chairman was Mr White, Mr Robert Mellors was Clerk, Cllrs Samuel Ledger Wiswould & John Henry Olivant were appointed as Trustees to the Parish Charities, William Cobb was appointed Pinder of Rampton (a parish employee who captured stray animals and impounded them in the Pinfold), Alfred Simpson was appointed Surveyor of Highways, Roads & Drains (a Parish Employee who looked after the repair of the roads) and Robert Mellors and William Dawson acted as 'Overseers of the Precept' whose role was to collect the precept monies to run the Council. The Overseer roles were abolished in 1927 when Precept collection duties transferred to the District Council, the Surveyor role was abolished in 1952 when County Councils took over the maintenance of the roads. The Pinder role became obsolete after cattle and sheep ceased to be used to graze the parish verges when motorcars became commonplace.
Since 1894 we have had 23 Chairman and 19 Clerks. The 1950's saw our first female Councillor, Mrs Minnitt, the 1960's our first female clerk.
The role of the Parish Council has changed over the years with ever changing legislation.
1980 saw the opening of the Parish Council ran playing field on the Coles' Charity field. In 1986 a parish survey said 'yes' to the Gravel Quarry on Council land down Torksey Ferry Road, land which is now in the final stages of restoration before being handed back to the Council. The quarry enabled the Parish Council to purchase the Village Hall in 1995. The Hall had opened in the 1840's as the first Village School, after the opening of Rampton Hospital in 1912 the school needed to expand and relocate with the building of the Hospital Estate which became Woodbeck. The former school room became the village hall. 2002 saw the Parish Council purchase 'South Inge Yard' Approx 11 acre site off Retford Road, where the village playing field was relocated to become Pinder Park.
2018 saw the renaming of the parish to incorporate Woodbeck.
Who we are & what we do
Our councillors are elected or co-opted. They do not get paid, receive a salary or an expenses allowance, they volunteer their time for the community.
HR Committee Terms of Reference (PDF, 120 Kb)
HR Committee's Terms of Reference
Rampton & Woodbeck Parish Council Standing Orders
Standing Orders (PDF, 265 Kb)
Standing Orders of Rampton & Woodbeck Parish Council.
Grievance & Disciplinary Procedure (PDF, 263 Kb)
Grievance & Disciplinary Procedure
HSE Law Staff (PDF, 153 Kb)
HSE Law guide affecting Employers/Employees
Health & Safety Policy (PDF, 291 Kb)
Health & Safety Policy for our employees, contractors, Councillors and Voluntary Helpers
Village Warden's Risk Assessment (PDF, 208 Kb)
Village Warden's Risk Assessment
GPDR Privacy Notice for Staff, Councillors and Role Holders Council
Complaints Procedure (PDF, 244 Kb)
Emergency Plan (PDF, 478 Kb)
Emergency Plan Jan 2018, our parish emergency plan comes into force when there is an emergency which is described as a major disruption to electricity, water, telecommunication and highway access for the whole community lasting at least 6+ hours or causing a danger of health and safety to our community.
Public Participation Policy (PDF, 298 Kb)
Public Participation Policy. Our policy explains how and when members of the public may speak at our meetings.
Petitions Policy (PDF, 198 Kb)
Risk Assesment (PDF, 240 Kb)
Risk Assessment of the Parish Council
Grant Awarding Policy Sep 2020 (PDF, 185 Kb)
Grant Awarding Policy Sep 2020
Historic Council Documents
Below are the historic records of the Council, the originals have been sent to Nottinghamshire Archives:
- Deed 29/09/1897 Rt Hon F J S Foljambe to Rampton Parish Council footpath near Fox Covert (Footpath became County Council in 1952)
- Declaration of Acceptance of Office Parish Councillors 1894 – 1999
- Notts County Council Footpath Maps 20.06.1952 & Correspondence 1967 - 1976
- Millennium Celebration Evening 10th Dec 2000 Rampton Village Hall Visitors Book
- Minute Book - 1976 - 1982
- Minute Book - 1982 - 1991
- Minute Book - 1991 - 1998
- Minute Book - 1998 - 2007
- Minute Book - 2007 - 2015
- Minute Book - 2015 - 2020
- Former Sports & Leisure Commitee Minute Book 2005 - 2008
- Former Village Hall Committee Minute Book & Account Summaries 1998 - 2016
Notts Archives Items Deposited (PDF, 759 Kb)
Parish Council Documents deposited at Notts County Archives in 1957
Notts Archives Items Deposited 2017 (PDF, 178 Kb)
Parish Council Documents deposited at Notts County Archives in 2017
Correspondence 1938-46 (PDF, 18.5 Mb)
Correspondence 1938-46 - These are a few selected items which the Parish Council Clerk in 1957 decided to keep for posterity and send to the County Archives.
Election Posters (PDF, 5.1 Mb)
A Selection of Early 20th Century Election Posters now held at Nottinghamshire Archives
Pinder Park Committee Minutes 2014-16 (PDF, 13.6 Mb)
Pinder Park Committee Minutes 2014-16
Allotment Committee Minute Book 1977-83 (PDF, 10.9 Mb)
Allotment Committee Minute Book 1977-83
Pinder Field Letting 1856 (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
The Letting of the Parish Owned 2 Acre Pinder Field 26Mar1856.
Pinder of Rampton (PDF, 2.3 Mb)
The Appointment of the Pinder of Rampton 26Mar1856 and the duties of the role.
Overseers Book 1885-1908 pt1 (PDF, 20.3 Mb)
Overseers Book 1885-1908 pt1
Overseers Book 1885-1908 pt2 (PDF, 21.8 Mb)
Overseers Book 1885-1908 pt2
Small Payments Book 1838-71 (PDF, 27.8 Mb)
Small Payments Book 1838-71, now held at Nottinghamshire Archives. The Clerk seemed to stop using this book as it duplicated the work in the main accounts and stopped at the time of decimalisation.
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1888-1903 (PDF, 18.2 Mb)
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1888-1903
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1904-1925 (PDF, 20.5 Mb)
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1904-1925
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1926-1954 (PDF, 23.4 Mb)
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1926-1954
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1954-1984 (PDF, 19.6 Mb)
Surveyor of Highways Land & Drain Accounts 1954-1984
Receipts & Payments 1917-32 (PDF, 22.7 Mb)
Receipts & Payments 1917-32
Receipts & Payments 1932-50 (PDF, 27.7 Mb)
Receipts & Payments 1932-50
Receipts & Payments 1950-65 (PDF, 22.8 Mb)
Receipts & Payments 1950-65
Receipts & Payments 1965-85 (PDF, 16.6 Mb)
Receipts & Payments 1965-85
Accounts Summary 1996-97 (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
Accounts Summary 1996-97
Village Hall Water Installation (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
Water was first installed at the Village Hall in 1937, these are the original installation records.