Entrance to Rampton Hospital, Woodbeck
Parish Council Elections May 2023
It's Election Year.
All 8 Rampton and Woodbeck Parish Council seats are up for Election in May. Volunteers are needed to form a new Parish Council with fresh ideas, views and perspectives. Could you fit the bill?
You need to be able to attend meetings in person, and have the time to prepare for the meetings. Lound needs people who can help out where you are able, and in return you will receive the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping your local community More »
To fit the bill, the Council is looking for candidates with the following abilities:
- Enthusiastic, forward thinking, with a sound knowledge and understanding of local affairs
- Good interpersonal skills and able to contribute opinions at meetings whilst willing to see others' views and accept majority decisions.
- Good team player who listens constructively to others and to the advice of the Parish Clerk
- Always work with facts, especially the guidance from the Clerk, and not allow hearsay, rumour, gossip and emotions to influence your decisions.
- Communicate succinctly and clearly, including by email, with a good standard of computer literacy.
- Remain calm and professional to avoid heated debate
- Work closely with other members and maintain good working relationships with all members and staff.
- Understand that you are acting as part of 'the whole council', taking a balanced view for the good of the parish as a whole and not just your own views and interests.
- Understand that the clerk works for the full council, and does not take instruction direct from a singular Councillor.
- Represent the Council and the community and work with the Council's partners (e.g., voluntary groups, other Parish Councils, District & County Council & Charities)
- Willingness to undertake induction training.
Eligibility Criteria and how to apply:
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and a British subject, a citizen of the Commonwealth, or European Union and must satisfy One or More of the following:
- Resided in the parish of Rampton or Woodbeck during the whole previous 12 months or within 3 miles of the parish boundary or be on the current parish electoral roll.
- During the whole previous 12 months, occupied land or other property in Rampton or Woodbeck parish, either as owner or tenant
- During the whole previous 12 months, had your principal or only place of work in Rampton or Woodbeck parish;
Candidates are automatically disqualified if they have in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man been:
- adjudged bankrupt, or made a composition or arrangement with their creditors.
- convicted of any offence in the past 5 years
- sentenced to imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for not less than 3 months without the option of a fine, or otherwise disqualified under Part III of the representation of the People Act 1983 for corrupt or illegal practices.
- Are on the sex offenders list.
Information on becoming a Parish/Town Councillor can be found on the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) website https://www.nalc.gov.uk/our-work/local-elections
If you fit the bill please complete the below nomination pack (paper copies available from the Village Hall):
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Queens Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH on any day after the date of this notice Monday to Friday (excluding bank Holidays) between 9.00am and 4.00pm but no later than 4 pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2023.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer,Queens Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH, during the times stated above.
- If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 4th May 2023.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 Midnight on Monday, 17th April 2023 Applications can be made online at: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Queens Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH by 5 pm on Tuesday, 18th April 2023.
- Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate or an Anonymous Elector's Document valid for this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Queens Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH by 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2023.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Queens Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH by 5 pm on Thursday, 4th May 2023. » Less
Posted: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 12:35 by Claire Challener
Civility & Respect
Rampton & Woodbeck Parish Council have signed up to the Civility and Respect pledge.
Rampton & Woodbeck Parish Council will:
Treat all councillors, clerk and all employees, members of the public, representatives of partner organisations and volunteers with civility and respect in their role.
Put in place a training programme for councillors and staff.
Sign up to Code of Conduct for councillors. More »
Have in place good governance arrangements in place including, staff contracts, and Dignity at Work Policy.
Commit to seek professional help at early stages should civility and respect issues arise. Commit to calling out bullying and harassment when if and when it happens.
Continue to learn from best practice in the sector and aspire to being a role model / champion council e.g., via Local Council Award Scheme.
Support the continued lobbying for the change in legislation to support the Civility and Respect Pledge including sanctions for elected members where appropriate. » Less
Posted: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 08:53 by Claire Challener
Parish Council Meeting - 10th October
Parish Council Meeting - 10th October
The next Parish Council meeting will be on Monday 10th October at 7pm in Rampton Village Hall. All Welcome.
*please bring your own copy of the agenda/minutes should you wish to have them at the meeting.
Posted: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 10:45 by Claire Challener